I had been anticipating this date since few years ago, back in high school. I still remember how excited and amused I was when I discovered the wonderful number combination.
20112011. 20th birthday.
People talked about 111111. They say it happens once in a century.But hey, look at this 20112011. It'll never happen again!
And here it is. Exciting much? Meh, it's just another day. It's funny how we anticipate for something, and when it finally comes, we aren't as excited as we thought we would be. Life~~ haha
Yet another year has passed.. and I've turned into a better person than last year. Bravo, yen yee! Though there is always space for improvement, I reap what I sow. =)
I'm never used to be the at the center of attention. So I'm not really fond of any form of birthday celebration; which is why some of you may have seen my awful skill in using my mouth to pick up blown candles from birthday cakes (a tradition among friends). Just saying XD.
Anyway, I appreciate all the warm wishes and thoughtful gifts from my friends and family. It's really the thought that matters. (Although I felt a bit awkward when receiving them.. LOL. Dunno what's wrong with me. I'm currently in a low-profile mood.)
Firstly, gifts from my lovely BPharm friends:
They knew I like this book =)
Beautiful fluorite bracelet to give me better health and intelligence.
Which is thoughtful as I do wear crystal bracelet to uni every day..
Secondly, gifts from my sister (well this might look lame, but since we don't usually give presents on each other's bday =P) :
My favourite preserved fruit.. lol. Never eaten any for years already!
And last but not least, angpau's from grandma, mom and aunt! wheee
Besides that, I am surprised to have received some overseas sms. Thank you girls! I'm especially touched by Wern Yi's text that I decided to share it here:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lulu! Hope all's well =) Stay excited and inspired bout life as you always are. It's contagious! Thank you for being pure light. Miss you dearly.
Gosh, I never knew I can be described by such great words. I hope I am a person like that =) And I thought she's the one who inspires me more?!
Comments