Today I was randomly looking at cover photos for my Facebook page, only to decide to stick back to my current photo. Which is this one --
A young, bright, sophisticated lady getting ready for a ride, who does not forget to stop and look back - just in time.
Speaking of bicycle, I'm always reminded of a nice quote I came across few months ago:
On a side note, I realised I still adore cycling despite not touching it for years. It used to be my hobby when I was, like, 8-10 years old? I enjoyed riding it around the neighbourhood on windy evenings. Back then, I thought it was amazing to be able to move so fast and enjoy the wind without having to run, i.e. I don't have to end up panting like a dog and what's more: I get to sit all the way while sweating it out! Ha! (another proof that running is not my thing - ever since I was a kid, lol)
Last year, I finally got the chance to ride a bike again and it was wonderful, although it was a reaaallly short and slow ride (my friends were walking; I refused to go on my own):
Please excuse the over-edited effect *coughs*. By the way, this pic was taken on last year's Merdeka Day.. Don't tell me it's almost a year already. D:
Anyways, the whole point of this post is this: bicycles make me happy. ^^v This statement had been in my subconscious, I guess.
I'd love to imagine myself cycling to nearby places instead of driving, on tar roads with bicycle lanes, knowing that it's totally safe for a girl to cycle around this city.
Hah. I wish!
Aha. Meet Yoon Eun Hye, my favourite Korean actress! It is not only that I like her that I picked this as my cover photo. I like the entire 'feeling' the picture gives:
Speaking of bicycle, I'm always reminded of a nice quote I came across few months ago:
![]() |
| 人生就像骑单车,想保持平衡就得往前走。 |
And so, the bike in my cover photo adds so much meaning to the entire picture. I aspire to be like that. Happy, self-sustained, keep up the pace in life while enjoying the journey.Life is like riding a bicycle - you have to keep moving on to stay balanced.
On a side note, I realised I still adore cycling despite not touching it for years. It used to be my hobby when I was, like, 8-10 years old? I enjoyed riding it around the neighbourhood on windy evenings. Back then, I thought it was amazing to be able to move so fast and enjoy the wind without having to run, i.e. I don't have to end up panting like a dog and what's more: I get to sit all the way while sweating it out! Ha! (another proof that running is not my thing - ever since I was a kid, lol)
Last year, I finally got the chance to ride a bike again and it was wonderful, although it was a reaaallly short and slow ride (my friends were walking; I refused to go on my own):
![]() |
| Me trying to get my balance after soo many years |
Please excuse the over-edited effect *coughs*. By the way, this pic was taken on last year's Merdeka Day.. Don't tell me it's almost a year already. D:
Anyways, the whole point of this post is this: bicycles make me happy. ^^v This statement had been in my subconscious, I guess.
I'd love to imagine myself cycling to nearby places instead of driving, on tar roads with bicycle lanes, knowing that it's totally safe for a girl to cycle around this city.
Hah. I wish!



Comments
---LYY---