I'm back!! It's been sooooo long since I last updated anything on this blog, gosh. I'll try to put down as many as I can. :)
So. The last update here was about my hospital placement in September. Many things happened after that, and it's safe to say that I've grown quite a lot during this period. Here's a brief summary:
1) My elective unit called Community Engagement. As some of you may know already, my group was attached to the National Cancer Society Malaysia (NCSM). I was expecting to get exposed to some cancer patients but sadly we didn't. Nevertheless, we contributed by making a booklet of brief profiles of 100+ anticancer drugs (for the patients' reference), designed bookmarks with motivational quotes and prepared many props for their public event called "Relay for Life". We even went to help out with the event. All in all, I'm just glad we accomplished something useful. The most emotionally rewarding part, however, was during our presentation day when all groups shared their experiences with their respective NGO's. Despite being a part of the unit's assessment, it was a day to celebrate our different accomplishments, to share the happiness we gained from giving. I'm proud of us all. :)
2) "Dude, Where's My Lamp?" is the name of a Disney musical production by Monash Performing Arts Club. My classmates - Devi, Minjia, and my junior Joshua were in the play. At least half of my class and a bunch of the juniors went for the show, haha. I'm writing this down because I actually went for its audition earlier this year as well, when they were choosing casts. It was a good sign, as I was stepping out of my comfort zone, once again, to try out something I think would be wonderful. Obviously I never got selected - but I'm really grateful, for I've gained good experience from the audition itself. The show was awesome; and just like how the comedy show earlier on made me feel, I'm proud of them Monashians.
3) Sometimes I really think that God has a better plan for us than we do. Throughout this sem, I've gone through a few circumstances where I tried to get something I couldn't, just to find out in the end that there was something more suitable coming along. Also, opportunities are for those who come prepared. "机会是留给准备好的人""塞翁失马,焉知非福"... wise words, indeed. And I think attending my friend Yiin Lynn's convocation was one of the results of such circumstances, haha. Despite having to prepare for two exam papers back-to-back, I'm so happy to be able to make it to her big day :D
4) MUPhaS Year End Party took place just two days ago, on the 16th. I was in charge of the sound system.. well, basically what I did was to prepare a list of songs to be played. Spent one whole day downloading the songs but I had fun picking all the nice ones :) and it was all worth it, for I received compliment that the playlist was good! Wheee! It's really nice to see people enjoying the music for the party.
Besides, I also sang a song for the event. Decided on what song to sing on the day itself, and I'm glad it went okay. It was only the second time of me singing solo (the first time was when I was 7 years old), so I was pretty nervous and unsure of how to carry myself throughout the performance. So glad it went well :) overall the party was awesome too, with the wonderful decoration, photo booth & props and interesting games. A good way to end the semester, and to bid farewell to the seniors and Dr Wong.
And so, my last summer break officially begins. Although I don't have any travel plans, I'm especially excited for this break. I feel as though it's my last chance to create something as a free undergrad, and I have so much to give. It's a period of change for me. So yeah, gonna seize every day! Let's hope it'll be a productive and fruitful one :) cheers!
p/s: keeping my fingers crossed until the day results are released. teehee.
So. The last update here was about my hospital placement in September. Many things happened after that, and it's safe to say that I've grown quite a lot during this period. Here's a brief summary:
1) My elective unit called Community Engagement. As some of you may know already, my group was attached to the National Cancer Society Malaysia (NCSM). I was expecting to get exposed to some cancer patients but sadly we didn't. Nevertheless, we contributed by making a booklet of brief profiles of 100+ anticancer drugs (for the patients' reference), designed bookmarks with motivational quotes and prepared many props for their public event called "Relay for Life". We even went to help out with the event. All in all, I'm just glad we accomplished something useful. The most emotionally rewarding part, however, was during our presentation day when all groups shared their experiences with their respective NGO's. Despite being a part of the unit's assessment, it was a day to celebrate our different accomplishments, to share the happiness we gained from giving. I'm proud of us all. :)
![]() |
| our report |
2) "Dude, Where's My Lamp?" is the name of a Disney musical production by Monash Performing Arts Club. My classmates - Devi, Minjia, and my junior Joshua were in the play. At least half of my class and a bunch of the juniors went for the show, haha. I'm writing this down because I actually went for its audition earlier this year as well, when they were choosing casts. It was a good sign, as I was stepping out of my comfort zone, once again, to try out something I think would be wonderful. Obviously I never got selected - but I'm really grateful, for I've gained good experience from the audition itself. The show was awesome; and just like how the comedy show earlier on made me feel, I'm proud of them Monashians.
![]() |
| All in purple to support Rapunzel |
3) Sometimes I really think that God has a better plan for us than we do. Throughout this sem, I've gone through a few circumstances where I tried to get something I couldn't, just to find out in the end that there was something more suitable coming along. Also, opportunities are for those who come prepared. "机会是留给准备好的人""塞翁失马,焉知非福"... wise words, indeed. And I think attending my friend Yiin Lynn's convocation was one of the results of such circumstances, haha. Despite having to prepare for two exam papers back-to-back, I'm so happy to be able to make it to her big day :D

4) MUPhaS Year End Party took place just two days ago, on the 16th. I was in charge of the sound system.. well, basically what I did was to prepare a list of songs to be played. Spent one whole day downloading the songs but I had fun picking all the nice ones :) and it was all worth it, for I received compliment that the playlist was good! Wheee! It's really nice to see people enjoying the music for the party.
Besides, I also sang a song for the event. Decided on what song to sing on the day itself, and I'm glad it went okay. It was only the second time of me singing solo (the first time was when I was 7 years old), so I was pretty nervous and unsure of how to carry myself throughout the performance. So glad it went well :) overall the party was awesome too, with the wonderful decoration, photo booth & props and interesting games. A good way to end the semester, and to bid farewell to the seniors and Dr Wong.


And so, my last summer break officially begins. Although I don't have any travel plans, I'm especially excited for this break. I feel as though it's my last chance to create something as a free undergrad, and I have so much to give. It's a period of change for me. So yeah, gonna seize every day! Let's hope it'll be a productive and fruitful one :) cheers!
p/s: keeping my fingers crossed until the day results are released. teehee.


Comments