![]() |
| 11.05.2013 - "Dreams" dance concert. Photo credit: Crystal |
That night was a blast. I'm currently suffering from post-dance-concert withdrawal syndrome. I believe all the other MDFC (Monash Dance Fusion Club) members are having it too, somehow or rather.
For all I know, I really enjoy performing.
Which is not hard to understand, as I had been pretty active on stage throughout my entire school life.
It's where I gain self-confidence and learn how to express myself, I guess.
It's been great getting to know these people with similar interests and being part of this big, warm community. I am thankful for the opportunities. People who are appreciative of the art in dancing and are able to dance well are really cool. They are all so lively, so expressive I almost look down on myself over my shyness and lack of expressiveness. Those are definitely something for me to work on at the moment..
It's hard not to reflect on what I had been doing for the past three years of my uni life. Studies, studies, studies. It was all about wanting to pass the examinations with okay results. It was all about having self-confidence so low that I had to keep all my focus on surviving through each semester. I've finally adapted to the learning pattern, but where did all the life go? People may have different preferences but this is not the kind of uni life I prefer. It might be comfortable, but there was no passion and it's actually kinda sad.
"Dont mistake comfort for happiness. Comfort can sometimes just be a more pleasant word for fear."
So this time, I decided to go for what I really want. It's my final year, my final chance to fill the remaining uni life with more great stuff. This, I'm sure, will demand more discipline from myself. But I'm willing to take the challenge. Such desire is burning now.
Next target: audition for the musical :) wish me luck!


Comments